Spray Tan – I get Medium Tinted with NO hydration. I have got Medium Clear a couple of times, but the results take so much longer to notice; which is the difference between the two. With the tinted you will automatically see the results, but will still get darker over time, and with clear you will only see results as the hours pass. I honestly do think that I get a better tan with the tinted, but that’s a personal opinion. Everyone says you get the same results, but I honestly beg to differ because my tans are always darker with the tinted and they last longer. I avoid the hydration because it BREAKS ME OUT! Ever since I stopped getting the hydration my acne has calmed down on my face, and it has made a huge difference with the acne on my back (gross I know, but I’m being completely honest with you all). I even made this comment to someone who works at Sun Tan City and she agreed with me; she no longer gets the hydration.
- I always get my spray tans in the morning, or at least before noon. That gives me enough time to shower before going to bed, and you need to let it dry on your body. People say that once you get it, it’ll stick; that’s not true at all. If you go to sleep in your spray tan, it will probably get all over your bed sheets. I also have this fear of it smudging on my body because I believe the first shower is what gets the excess off. With the excess still being on your body while asleep I feel like it increases your chances of having an uneven tan. By no means is my tan always even, it’s not, that really just depends on the products on your body and how you correctly position yourself in the machine.
- Apply moisturizer before you go; especially, if you get the no hydration. Do not apply too much, because if you cake on your lotion/moisturizer, some of your spray tan is basically laying on top of your layered lotion and when you shower the majority of your spray tan will rinse off. I know from experience, it happened to me and the only thing I did different was apply too much moisturizer. I always use a vaseline spray, it’s been my holy grail for a while now. I have and use both the Cocoa Radiant and Aloe Sooth spray. (You can get them at many drug stores). I use it every time I get out of the shower, and I use it throughout the day if i’m feeling dry. It’s amazing, and it works great with spray tans. Underneath the vaseline spray, I use a rose water toner. I bought mine at Urban Outfitters for $10. You don’t have to buy these, but I use these and my spray tans last me so long. Today, I am on day 6 of my spray tan and it still looks great.
- No you do not have to shave before getting a spray tan. It’ll look the exact same and apply the exact same way if you choose to not shave before going. I shaved my legs 2 days after this spray tan and it didn’t take off my tan. People think that when you shave it’ll take off all of your spray tan, that is false. Of course, it’s a razor and it’ll probably remove a little, but not enough for you to notice.
- Always use the lotion they provide for you in the booth. You apply it to your palms and the bottom of your feet. I messed up once and forgot to use it, and oh my gawd (insert big eyed emoji here) it looked like I had carrot fingers. My hands and feet both looked crusty, and I couldn’t get it all off. I scrubbed and still my feet looked dirty for a couple of days. USE THAT LOTION! I also rub it around my cuticles on my fingers.
- Use your hair net and make sure you get all of your hairs off your face and around the back of your neck. I mean you don’t want a streak down the side of your face, right? That would be awkward.
- Follow the positions correctly. I wasn’t centered once and the right side of my body was darker the the left.
- When you get out wipe the spray tan off of your nails. If you don’t it’ll leave a stain.
- Wait 8 hours before showering.
- Apply moisturizer daily, when you get out of the shower. I read an article that after showering is the best time to moisturize your body anyways. (Think about it, it makes sense).
- Also, wear loose clothes when you go. If you wear really tight clothing it’ll rub off a lot of your spray tan. I get my spray tan sometimes after the gym (my leggings are super tight) and I notice a huge difference in the darkness and how long my tan lasts. I didn’t really care that much about it during the winter, but now that it’s warming up, I pack a pair of loose pants with me.
I hope this helps! If you have any questions leave me a comment.